Skip to main content

California Adventure 2018 - Part 3

Day 4

A little more leisurely start to the day as we headed to the Cabazon Dinosaurs, maybe you know them from Peewee's Big Adventure (when in Hollywood, visit fun movie locations). We were pretty excited to climb up into the t-rex and were pleasantly surprised to find most of the place was deserted right at opening time. We went in and wandered in a garden of dinosaur sculptures and even got to dig in a sand pit area. If you found enough "fossils" and turned them in at the gift shop you got to pick out a little toy. So, being the children we are, we of course dug up fossils and got our toy.
We found out we could also go into the Apatosaurus which was a bit of a museum and had history of the dinosaurs which was pretty cool too.







Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, outdoor

Image may contain: Samantha Tracy, smiling, outdoor





Image may contain: one or more people, shoes and outdoor




After about an hour at the dinosaurs we continued on to Los Angeles, having plenty of time to hit a couple more spots before checking into our Airbnb. The Museum of Death was a spot we were both stoked to go to, Samantha doubting my ability to make it through (she was correct, near the end I began to feel a bit nauseous). Photography was strictly forbidden inside. But if you're a fan of the morbid and dark, you'll find something that interests you there.



After that we went onto TLC Chinese Theatre. Driving downtown was the absolute worst. I mean, I knew what we were getting into but it was utterly miserable. We had to trot over a mile to reach the Theatre and only had time to snap a couple photos before hustling back to get to the car before our time ran out for parking. Not the best of times but I was glad we got to catch a glimpse of a few hand and foot prints.




 Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: shoes and outdoor


That night we got to have our only fancy dinner of the trip, since neither one of us are really foodies, we were satisfied with groceries and drive-thrus. (We did have In-n-out, some amazing Mexican food just down the street from our airbnb, and Sammi had some mussels on a dock in Santa Cruz).

Beetlehouse is a Tim Burton themed restaurant with characters walking around, 3 course meal, and a show. We had Jack Skellington and the show was a fire dancer! A fun experience all around.






We were happy to have made it to L.A. and the place we were going to be staying for a few days. It felt good to settle in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 2019 Review

I know it's not quite the end of the month, but the next few days are going to be crazy busy (I'll write about it in a separate post!) so I thought I would go ahead and post this month's review! This month I... -Went to lots of estate sales  I got this beauty and several other bones/oddities at a few different estate sales. This is Jolene (as dubbed by Matt) and now I need to go shopping for more wigs and little hats for her. I'm currently waiting on giant fake eyelashes for her too. - Got to Hang out with these kiddos I got to spend some one-on-one time with some of my nieces and nephews! We watched a movie, went swimming, and played at the park. Good times! -Watched the second season of Mindhunter Not everyone's cuppa tea, but if you have an interest in psychology or true crime, Mindhunter delivers. -Finished up some things for the Oddities and Curiosities Expo I finally got back into drawing...

January Review 2020

This month I... - Was a bridesmaid in my friend Becca's wedding! I'm honored to have been present for the start of their new life together. -Have been gearing up for another Oddities show in Tulsa. It's next month, so I'll be posting about it more at the end of February. But here's a couple things I've been working on! -Got a new friend for the collection. Meet Rufus, the derpy bobcat. Matt and I drove an hour to get him and he now sits proudly on the piano until we can potentially find a more suitable place. Matt pets him and tells him he's pretty. Apart from lots of work and lots of lazy days when we can get them, this month has flown by with not a lot of fanfare. I think we've recovered from the holidays and have begun preparations for the coming months. Between making lots of new bug things and wedding planning, I keep my mind busy.

September 2019 Review

This month I... -Was a vendor at the Oddities & Curiosities Expo (It was actually at the end of August, but, whatever.) This went so well! I sold my target amount and received so many kind comments and even had people return to buy more! I'm looking forward to next year and hoping to maybe expand to a couple shows. I was able to snag a couple amazing things while at the expo, including this adorable kitten! -Started wedding planning We booked our venue and found a photographer, both in our budget! -Saw IT: Chapter 2 If it's September, I'm already watching scary movies. But that's true nearly year round. -Walked around Parkville Nature Sanctuary  -Carved some acorns and pinned more butterflies! (Which you can find on my instagram!  https://www.instagram.com/eclecticcuriosities/ ) September has flown by and I'm looking forward to fall weather in the coming month!