Skip to main content

October 2019 Review

You guys! This month went by so quick! And since we got snow at the end of the month, it felt more like winter than fall. October, while busy, was a little more sedate, settling into work rhythms and taking some down time.


This month I...

-Turned 30
I celebrated with a little get together with friends indulging in pizza, apple pie, and games, I believe a pretty good time was had by all. I hope this year will be one of the best yet, I have lots planned and hope I don't let it overwhelm me, it's all about balance and growth. 

- Settled into a new church home
Matt and I have been visiting a new church for several months now and we both feel like we're very welcomed and are excited to be part of this new community and beginnings of new friendships.

- Hit up some amazing estate sales
Seriously, it's one of our new favorite pastimes. We went to a sale in Atchison, MO, in a house built in the 1890's. We both fell in love with the house! So much character and space, we were blown away.  Apart from getting to explore the house we both found treasures, Matt claimed a couple of swords and a brass canon, I found numerous books and candlesticks plus many other small treasures.

- Started listening to true crime podcasts
Specifically "My Favorite Murder". When I clean at the church, it helps the time pass so quick! And it's a nice change-up from music now and then. 

Image result for my favorite murder"


Hopefully I'll be better about posting on time next month! 😬

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 2019 Review

I know it's not quite the end of the month, but the next few days are going to be crazy busy (I'll write about it in a separate post!) so I thought I would go ahead and post this month's review! This month I... -Went to lots of estate sales  I got this beauty and several other bones/oddities at a few different estate sales. This is Jolene (as dubbed by Matt) and now I need to go shopping for more wigs and little hats for her. I'm currently waiting on giant fake eyelashes for her too. - Got to Hang out with these kiddos I got to spend some one-on-one time with some of my nieces and nephews! We watched a movie, went swimming, and played at the park. Good times! -Watched the second season of Mindhunter Not everyone's cuppa tea, but if you have an interest in psychology or true crime, Mindhunter delivers. -Finished up some things for the Oddities and Curiosities Expo I finally got back into drawing...

January Review 2020

This month I... - Was a bridesmaid in my friend Becca's wedding! I'm honored to have been present for the start of their new life together. -Have been gearing up for another Oddities show in Tulsa. It's next month, so I'll be posting about it more at the end of February. But here's a couple things I've been working on! -Got a new friend for the collection. Meet Rufus, the derpy bobcat. Matt and I drove an hour to get him and he now sits proudly on the piano until we can potentially find a more suitable place. Matt pets him and tells him he's pretty. Apart from lots of work and lots of lazy days when we can get them, this month has flown by with not a lot of fanfare. I think we've recovered from the holidays and have begun preparations for the coming months. Between making lots of new bug things and wedding planning, I keep my mind busy.

September 2019 Review

This month I... -Was a vendor at the Oddities & Curiosities Expo (It was actually at the end of August, but, whatever.) This went so well! I sold my target amount and received so many kind comments and even had people return to buy more! I'm looking forward to next year and hoping to maybe expand to a couple shows. I was able to snag a couple amazing things while at the expo, including this adorable kitten! -Started wedding planning We booked our venue and found a photographer, both in our budget! -Saw IT: Chapter 2 If it's September, I'm already watching scary movies. But that's true nearly year round. -Walked around Parkville Nature Sanctuary  -Carved some acorns and pinned more butterflies! (Which you can find on my instagram!  https://www.instagram.com/eclecticcuriosities/ ) September has flown by and I'm looking forward to fall weather in the coming month!